TDIC1122 - Director – Corporate Integrity
Full Time - Unlimited
About Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)
Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) is a master developer of major tourism destinations in Abu Dhabi and a key contributor to its economic and cultural progress. TDIC is behind some of Abu Dhabi’s most prestigious projects. These include two major destinations: Saadiyat – a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi, which will feature five leading cultural institutions designed by five Pritzker Prize winners, including the Zayed National Museum, Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Desert Islands – a unique heritage-based tourism destination.
By creating investment partnerships and joint ventures, TDIC’s developments are helping to support Abu Dhabi’s evolution into a world-class destination for tourists, businesses and residents.
For further information visit www.tdic.ae
The Senior Manager - Compliance and Ethics Management will be responsible to work with the Director to oversee the Company's Compliance and Fraud Management Program. This position is responsible for assuring that:
Appropriate compliance policies and procedures designed to prevent illegal or unethical conduct are established and institutionalized;
Compliance policies and procedures are communicated throughout the Company
Appropriate Company employees are periodically trained with espect to compliance policies and procedures;
Compliance with policies and procedures are monitored, audited and enforced.
The Senior Manager - Compliance and Ethics Management is expected to demonstrate the ability to establish and manage a Corporate Fraud Prevention, Detection and Management Department, in carrying out the responsibilities of the position. The Senior Manager is expected to work closely with certain departments in the Company, including Legal, Internal Audit, Finance, Commercial, Procurement and Human Resources. Whilst each Department Head will have primary responsibility for compliance programs relating to their respective areas the Senior Manager's duty shall be to coordinate with each such Department regarding its compliance activities, with sufficient involvement and oversight to become reasonably satisfied that the Department is discharging its compliance responsibilities.
Importantly, this individual will work closely with the Internal Audit Group, led by the Director of Internal Audit.
The protection of Company's assets , company reputation and the high integrity of operations by assisting management in stopping fraud related losses and proactively monitoring and mitigating fraud risk events.
Implementation of Company Investigation Policy for mitigating external/internal fraud risks.
Enhance the company's fraud assessment and detection capabilities by developing an effective and practical fraud monitoring, prevention and reporting process. Incorporating Fraud Monitoring Reports into regular routine reporting.
Development, management and ongoing maintenance of fraud analytics, detection and monitoring and intelligence database system, in order to manage fraud risks pro-actively.
Set up suppliers and business partners integrity checks and investigations process; conflict of interest management, screening and contractor vetting.
Development and management of fraud prevention and staff awareness training programs.
Management and supervision investigation efforts.
This position requires a high degree of sound, independent judgment and capability. The incumbent will provide leadership and innovative, world class Fraud Prevention and Management solutions to unique, spontaneous and business critical issues that influence the Company's Assets, Objectives and Reputation as well as the Security of the Company employees.
1. 8 - 10 years experience in managing Corporate Fraud Prevention, Detection and Management Departments with reputable corporations in relevant industry of Real Estate Development or Construction, preferably in a rapid growth corporate environment.
2. A combination of experience in a corporate environment and as an Forensic Consultant at a Big Four Firm or recognized Fraud Management Consultancy Firm strongly preferred.
3. Thorough knowledge of investigative techniques and processes, including interviewing, evidence collection and preservation, due diligence, covert operations and pretext analysis.
4. Significant experience in managing and analyzing electronic loss reporting databases and producing fraud metrics and working knowledge of computer forensics.
5. Ability to analyze and evaluate procedures and workflows and formulate recommendations.
6. Working knowledge of laws governing investigative practices including privacy, evidence, etc.
1. Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) coupled with one of the following,
CIA, CPA, or ACCA.
2. At least a Bachelor's Degree from a recognized university majoring
in a relevant field of Business Administration or Legal Studies.
Auxiliary Requirements -
1. Proficient in MS Office Applications (Word, Excel and Powerpoint).
2. Fluent in English (read, write and speak).
3. Excellent negotiation and presentation skills.
Core Competencies -
Problem Solving, Judgment, Planning & Organisation, Coordinating, Leadership, Initiative, Management Expertise, Persuasiveness, Integrity
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV