TDIC1171 - Construction Lawyer
Full Time - Unlimited
About Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)
Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) is a master developer of major tourism destinations in Abu Dhabi and a key contributor to its economic and cultural progress. TDIC is behind some of Abu Dhabi’s most prestigious projects. These include two major destinations: Saadiyat – a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi, which will feature five leading cultural institutions designed by five Pritzker Prize winners, including the Zayed National Museum, Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Desert Islands – a unique heritage-based tourism destination.
By creating investment partnerships and joint ventures, TDIC’s developments are helping to support Abu Dhabi’s evolution into a world-class destination for tourists, businesses and residents.
For further information visit www.tdic.ae
Purpose of Position:
To support a Senior Lawyer / Contract Manager helping oversee the successful delivery and management of a signature construction project.
To protect the best interests of TDIC at all times by ensuring optimum contract conditions and strict compliance with those contract provisions.
To provide legal services to a signature construction project, including contract drafting, negotiation, tendering, and administration
- Legal degree specializing in corporate or commercial law
- Demonstrated knowledge of applicable UAE commercial law
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Fluency in written and spoken Arabic strongly preferred
- Middle East experience preferred
5 to 10 years PQE as a specialist construction lawyer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist in the successful delivery and management of a signature project
- Ensure TDIC’s business interests are properly represented on a signature project in contract agreements with contractors and consultants;
- To protect the best interests of TDIC at all times by ensuring optimum contract conditions and strict compliance with those contract conditions.
- Help ensure strict control of, and adherence to, project programme, budget, contract administration process;
- Help establish, refine and monitor reporting procedures to ensure that ‘up to date’ information is at hand in respect of contract position and financials.
- Participate in, monitor, and review the procurement strategies for the Project, including contract drafting, tendering, negotiation and contract administration.
- Participate in and review all contractual correspondence, meetings and dealings with the Contractor and consultants.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV