TDIC1178 - Internal Audit Manager - Operations
Full Time - Unlimited
About Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)
Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) is a master developer of major tourism destinations in Abu Dhabi and a key contributor to its economic and cultural progress. TDIC is behind some of Abu Dhabi’s most prestigious projects. These include two major destinations: Saadiyat – a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi, which will feature five leading cultural institutions designed by five Pritzker Prize winners, including the Zayed National Museum, Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Desert Islands – a unique heritage-based tourism destination.
By creating investment partnerships and joint ventures, TDIC’s developments are helping to support Abu Dhabi’s evolution into a world-class destination for tourists, businesses and residents.
For further information visit www.tdic.ae
Purpose of Job:
The Manager – Operations Audit primary responsibilities include performing operations, system and process audits of TDIC’s business units, subsidiaries and Joint venture operations. The Manager will be assisting the Senior Manager – Operations Audit in initiating and managing different audits at the corporate level and across the operating entities of the Company.
Responsible for the audits of Operations Audits Division in planning, executing and completing audit fieldwork according to established schedule , recommending internal control improvements that may include operational enhancements or efficiencies , and the preparation of audit reports as well as documenting controls.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Perform Effective and efficient execution of the part of the Internal Audit Plan related to the Operations Audit Division and the related scheduling and assigning work and estimating resource requirements;
2. Assist Senior Manager – Operations Audit to Manage, supervise and review all internal audit activities related to the reviews within the scope of the Operations Audit Division as mandated by the:
a. Internal Audit Plan through execution of planned internal audit engagements;
b. Special Operations as may be requested by Audit Committee / Director of Internal Audit for unplanned internal audit engagements;
c. Results of other Internal Audit Reviews
3. Utilize audit objectives and procedures to review and assess the adequacy and application of internal controls through corporate operations, may require the development and refinement of audit programs, questionnaires or other audit tools
4. Develop a thorough understanding and knowledgebase of company’s operations including subsidiaries and Joint ventures.
5. Establish effective business relationships within the company and assist Senior Manager – Operations Audit in the understanding and adaptation of internal control principles.
6. Be a team player and embrace the company’s compliance principles as a key component of audit process
7. Closely work with external service providers to ensure their work is in accordance to TDIC’s Internal Audit Methodology
8. Ensure that all internal audit work is executed, delivered and reported in accordance with the quality levels adopted by TDIC’s Internal Audit Department and stipulated in its Internal Audit Methodology and Manual.
9. Execute an efficient and effective audit approach as defined by internal audit management and ensure that all assigned work is completed according to schedule and within the establish budget parameters.
10. Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered. Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
1. Minimum of 6 years experience in the field of internal audit. A real estate development and hospitality exposure and experience is highly desirable.
2. A combination of experience in a corporate environment and as an internal auditor at a Big Four Firm preferred.
1. Recognized professional qualification in one of the following, CIA, CPA, or ACCA or having experience with Big 4 Audit Firms in the similar position.
2. At least a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university majoring in a relevant field of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Auditing).
3. Be computer literate and have experience in the preparation and analysis of audit data through computer aided audit tools ( ACL, spreadsheets , database tools )
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV