TDIC1179 - Auditor
Full Time - Unlimited
About Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)
Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) is a master developer of major tourism destinations in Abu Dhabi and a key contributor to its economic and cultural progress. TDIC is behind some of Abu Dhabi’s most prestigious projects. These include two major destinations: Saadiyat – a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi, which will feature five leading cultural institutions designed by five Pritzker Prize winners, including the Zayed National Museum, Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Desert Islands – a unique heritage-based tourism destination.
By creating investment partnerships and joint ventures, TDIC’s developments are helping to support Abu Dhabi’s evolution into a world-class destination for tourists, businesses and residents.
For further information visit www.tdic.ae
Purpose of Job:
The Auditor – Internal Audit Operations is responsible for the timely execution of the audits of the Operations Audits Division which is a sub-division of the Internal Audit Department and assisting with other audit matters and projects as directed by the Director – Internal Audit and Senior Manager – Internal Audit Operations.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop an understanding of the TDIC’s internal audit methodology and manual to ensure that the defined audit approach or procedures is followed / applied during the audit execution.
2. Gain an understanding and to be abreast on TDIC‘s processes, policies / procedures and Audit Universe.
3. Populate the Engagement Charter with the details of risks for the audits planned as per the Risk Based Internal Audit Plan or Ad-hoc Audits as advised by the Director – Internal Audit or Senior Manager – Operations Audit.
4. Participate in the process understanding meetings along with other Operations Audit division team members and interview process owners and appropriate personnel to obtain an understanding of the audited area and document processes using flow charts and process narratives.
5. Develop the Risk Control Matrix and Audit Programs for the audits for the Operations Audits Division.
6. Work in conjunction with the Operations Audit division team members for conducting test of controls for the identified audit and determine the control effectiveness and update the issue summary sheet with details of reportable issues.
7. Use the e-Governance portal during the audit field work and populate the portal with the results of the audit.
8. Prepare the working paper files for the audits executed in accordance with the standards defined in the Internal Audit Manual
9. Perform the audit execution in accordance with the quality levels adopted by TDIC’s Internal Audit Department and stipulated in its Internal Audit Methodology and Manual.
10. Work in conjunction with the Senior Manager – Operations Audit for executing follow up audits to ensure management action plans have been implemented to mitigate the risks.
11. Provide recommendations in the internal audit report which are aligned with the industry best practices for the process being audited.
12. Perform all assigned audit duties in a manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
13. Obtain periodic or regular feedback from the Senior Manager – Operations Audit to identify areas of improvement opportunities in the
1. Minimum of 1- 2 years of experience in the field of internal audit.
2. A combination of experience in a corporate environment or has work experience from a Big Four Firm with focus on internal audits.
1. At least a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university majoring in a relevant field of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Auditing.
2. Recognized professional qualification (or seeking qualification) in one of the following, CIA, CPA, or ACCA or having experience with Big Four Audit Firms in the similar position
3. Be computer literate and have experience in the preparation and analysis of audit data through computer aided audit tools (spreadsheets , database tools )
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV