TDIC1180 - Senior Auditor
Full Time - Unlimited
About Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)
Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) is a master developer of major tourism destinations in Abu Dhabi and a key contributor to its economic and cultural progress. TDIC is behind some of Abu Dhabi’s most prestigious projects. These include two major destinations: Saadiyat – a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi, which will feature five leading cultural institutions designed by five Pritzker Prize winners, including the Zayed National Museum, Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Desert Islands – a unique heritage-based tourism destination.
By creating investment partnerships and joint ventures, TDIC’s developments are helping to support Abu Dhabi’s evolution into a world-class destination for tourists, businesses and residents.
For further information visit www.tdic.ae
Purpose of Job:
The Senior Auditor – Operations Audit is responsible for timely execution of the audits of Operations Audits Division which is a subdivision of Internal Audit department and assisting with other audit matters and projects as directed by Director – Internal Audit and Senior Manager – Operations Audit.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Develop Audit Programs for the audits of Operations Audits Division
2. Determine Scope of review in conjunction with Manager –Operations Audit
3. Conduct audit testing of specified area and identify reportable issues and the magnitude of risks
4. Interview process owners and appropriate personnel to obtain an understanding of the audited area and document processes using flow charts and process narratives.
5. Ensure work performed are captured in e-Governance portal
6. Perform audit execution in accordance with the quality levels adopted by TDIC’s Internal Audit Department and stipulated in its Internal Audit Methodology and Manual.
7. Closely work with external service providers to ensure their work is in accordance to TDIC’s Internal Audit Methodology.
8. Follows up on action plans to ensure management has taken efforts to mitigate the risks
9. Maintain a current knowledge base of audit industry practices and to ensure best practices as always considered. Performed all assigned audit duties in manner that reflects the highest professional standards and complies with the guidelines of the Institute of Internal Auditors.
1. Minimum of 4 years experience in the field of internal audit. A real estate development and hospitality exposure and experience is highly desirable.
2. A combination of experience in a corporate environment and as an internal auditor at a Big Four Firm preferred.
1.Recognized professional qualification in one of the following, CIA, CPA, or ACCA or having experience with Big 4 Audit Firms in the similar position.
2. At least a Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized university majoring in a relevant field of Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, Auditing).
3. Be computer literate and have experience in the preparation and analysis of audit data through computer aided audit tools ( ACL, spreadsheets , database tools )
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV