TDIC1137 - Manager - Fire Safety Engineer
Full Time - Unlimited
About Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)
Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) is a master developer of major tourism destinations in Abu Dhabi and a key contributor to its economic and cultural progress. TDIC is behind some of Abu Dhabi’s most prestigious projects. These include two major destinations: Saadiyat – a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi, which will feature five leading cultural institutions designed by five Pritzker Prize winners, including the Zayed National Museum, Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Desert Islands – a unique heritage-based tourism destination.
By creating investment partnerships and joint ventures, TDIC’s developments are helping to support Abu Dhabi’s evolution into a world-class destination for tourists, businesses and residents.
For further information visit www.tdic.ae
Saadiyat Management Organisation (SMO)
1. To review and assess Fire Safety aspects in Architectural drawings for all Building Permit applications for Saadiyat Island in accordance with the relevant building codes (IBC 2009), UAE Fire & Life Safety Code of Practice 2011 Edition and procedures of the Abu Dhabi Municipality (ADM).
2. To carry out tally check of Architectural Drawings against approved Fire Safety Drawings for all Building Permit applications for Saadiyat Island in accordance with the procedures of the Abu Dhabi Municipality (ADM).
3. Facilitate the Building Permit Fire Safety Review process for DCO in order to secure Building Permits from Abu Dhabi Municipality (ADM).
1. Minimum 5 years post graduate experience, at least 3 of which related to Building Assessment.
2. Demonstrated experience with large scale developments and innovative building projects.
3. Demonstrated knowledge and experience working with NFPA 101 & 5000, relevant IBC International Building Codes and CAD Software.
4. Demonstrated experience in leading projects and project teams
Bachelor or Master of Fire Safety Engineering or equivalent
Competent in Microsoft Office Software.
High level of proficiency in English (spoken and written).
Previous work experience in the UAE and or Middle East (minimum 1 year preferred)
Able to speak Arabic (preferred but not essential)
1. To review Fire Safety aspects in Architectural plans and drawings to ensure that they comply with the required codes and regulations set out by the Abu Dhabi Municipality and Abu Dhabi Civil Defense where relevant.
2. To facilitate meetings between developers, consultants and the Municipality officers to resolve fire safety issues and assist in obtaining the relevant permits required for construction.
3. Ongoing review and update of the processes and systems associated with this work including delivery of guides, manuals, documents and systems to guide the applicants and users through all systems and requirements and establish systems for the long term.
4. Communication and liaison to understand and implement local regulations for planning and building approvals and keeping up to date with changes
5. All tasks associated with reviewing submissions and applications and to be delivered to a standard required to meet Abu Dhabi regulations at a minimum
6. Communication with clients, applicants, TDIC and relevant agencies in the processes to undertake review and gain permits
7. Review of relevant submissions associated with building permitting and relevant interface with other approvals and permits
8. Reporting and liaison with TDIC and parties associated with approvals and permits required for development in Abu Dhabi.
9. Provide regular reporting on project status, office workload and issues
10. Maintenance and review of reporting systems and processes and procedures for DCO and TDIC
11. Establishment of record keeping systems and maintenance and review of such
12. Liaison and work with TDIC and associated consultants as required in the ongoing establishment and review of systems, processes and procedures
13. Participation at meetings with relevant agencies associated with permitting and approvals in Abu Dhabi and for Saadiyat Island
14. Promote and market DCO's services to secure external clients
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV