TDIC1173 - Senior Contracts Lawyer
Full Time - Unlimited
About Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)
Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) is a master developer of major tourism destinations in Abu Dhabi and a key contributor to its economic and cultural progress. TDIC is behind some of Abu Dhabi’s most prestigious projects. These include two major destinations: Saadiyat – a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi, which will feature five leading cultural institutions designed by five Pritzker Prize winners, including the Zayed National Museum, Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Desert Islands – a unique heritage-based tourism destination.
By creating investment partnerships and joint ventures, TDIC’s developments are helping to support Abu Dhabi’s evolution into a world-class destination for tourists, businesses and residents.
For further information visit www.tdic.ae
Purpose of Position:
To help oversee the successful delivery and management of our signature museum projects.
To protect the best interests of TDIC at all times by ensuring optimum contract conditions and strict compliance with those contract provisions.
- More than 15 years as a Senior Legal / Contracts Manager with pre and post-contract experience.
- Must have very deep experience of dealing with contractors, contract administration, variations and claim management.
- Experience should be in related construction fields with Gulf region or expat experience on signature projects. Experience with a Contractor organization a benefit.
- Working experience of the FIDIC suite of contracts
- Fluent in English (Read, Write and Speak)
- Strong in use of MS office.
- Optional-Experience of using Oracle Suite of Software
Bachelors degree in Quantity Surveying, Civil Engineering, Construction Management, or related disciplines;
Bachelors degree in Law
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure TDIC’s best interests are properly represented on a Signature project in contract agreements with contractors and consultants;
- To help oversee the successful delivery and management of a signature project
- To protect the best interests of TDIC at all times by ensuring optimum contract conditions and strict compliance with those contract conditions.
- Ensure strict control of, and adherence to, project programme, budget, contract administration process;
- Help establish, refine and monitor reporting procedures to ensure that ‘up to date’ information is at hand in respect of contract position, programme and financials.
- Participate in, monitor, and review the procurement strategies for the Project, including contract drafting, tendering, negotiation and contract administration.
- Participate in and review all contractual correspondence, meetings and dealings with the Contractor and consultants.
- Chair meetings as required;
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV