TDIC1176 - Senior Manager F&B Operations
Food & Beverage
TDIC Food & Beverage LLC
Full Time - Unlimited
About Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC)
Tourism Development & Investment Company (TDIC) is a master developer of major tourism destinations in Abu Dhabi and a key contributor to its economic and cultural progress. TDIC is behind some of Abu Dhabi’s most prestigious projects. These include two major destinations: Saadiyat – a natural island off the coast of Abu Dhabi, which will feature five leading cultural institutions designed by five Pritzker Prize winners, including the Zayed National Museum, Guggenheim Abu Dhabi, and Louvre Abu Dhabi, and Desert Islands – a unique heritage-based tourism destination.
By creating investment partnerships and joint ventures, TDIC’s developments are helping to support Abu Dhabi’s evolution into a world-class destination for tourists, businesses and residents.
For further information visit www.tdic.ae
Develop pre and post opening restaurant operations of a high volume. Develop restaurant and F&B retail projects within the company’s portfolio. Working in partnership with the Director Retail Development, establish and initiate a strategic product mix for the company’s retail and F&B concepts within the portfolio, and manage up until D&D. Oversee budgets and achieve sales forecast for the restaurants. Interface with Development, Design and Delivery at all levels, reaching across to restaurant-retail development, focusing on tenant services, operational retail and managed brands (by 3rd party or managed by TDIC). Manage the F&B retail process at the beginning of the project, up until handover to the leasing team, or the external operator, or TDIC operated projects. Propose the first recommendation on the F&B concept mix on TDIC projects.
- Must be able to work independently and be self motivated.
- Must be able to liaise with senior management at a Board level.
- Highly motivated and extremely confident.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Must be an inspiration to colleagues.
- Must have a genuine ‘passion’ for the industry.
- Excellent command of English both written and oral.
- 10 Years operational experience within hotel/restaurant (5 years hotel experience and 5 years free standing restaurant experience) essential.
- P&L responsibility in restaurants and solid financial understanding.
- Project and pre-opening experience.
- Worked or currently working in the Middle East.
- Understanding of feasibilities and project costing.
- Understanding of contracts; Management Agreements, Franchises, Licenses.
- Understanding of branding and the brand mix for the Middle East region.
- Experience of putting strategies together for a retail/F&B management company.
- Masters In Business Administrations (MBA) Hotel Management.
- Diploma/Bachelors/Certificate in Hotel Management or Catering.
- High School qualifications.
- Overseeing all Food & Beverage programs, Restaurant, BOH and Retail, within all TDIC F&B Co's owned projects.
- Interfacing at all levels on TDIC projects, closely working with Legal, Development, Design, and Delivery.
- Advise TDIC Asset Management on hotel development and museums with regards to F&B recommendations.
- Interfacing with TDIC operators.
- Sourcing new Food & Beverage concepts for TDIC, 3rd party managed and TDIC managed properties, working closely with Leasing, and Operational Managers (Asset Management).
- Overseeing operational aspects of restaurant and kitchen designs.
- Develop TDIC F&B Co’s restaurant concepts.
- Search for new brands to purchase (managed by operator, managed by TDIC, or managed by tenant).
- Oversee all aspects of procurement for back of the house restaurant operations.
- Oversee all aspects of the kitchen recruitment, selection and training for restaurant.
- Input of development of all menu items.
- Ongoing responsibility for setting, maintaining budgets and achieving sales forecast for the restaurants.
- Interface with Development, Design and Delivery at all levels, reaching across to restaurant/retail development, focusing on tenant services, operational F&B and managed brands (by 3rd party or managed by TDIC F&B Co).
- Manage the F&B consultants and kitchen design consultants, interface at all levels of the project on F&B (development, design, delivery) related, search/research for up and coming concepts/restaurant operators, nominate potential concepts and franchises.
- Put together and establish interior design brief and BOH requirements, brief and lead architects and project managers.
- Manage the F&B implementation process at the beginning of the project, up until handover to the leasing team, or the external operator, or TDIC operated projects.
- In conjunction with the Leasing Team, propose recommendations on the retail mix on TDIC projects.
- Initiate F&B concept and strategy with the phase one consultant, and manage up until D&D.
- Search, research and assist to purchase retail brand names for hotels, malls and museums (TDIC projects).
- Oversee and manage the operational understanding of the mechanics of the proposed concept prior to signing up, (i.e. are proposed ventures competent operators, training and support mechanisms require research, financial reporting).
- Oversee and manage the tracking of the TDIC projects from development phase to the operational phase, assisting when are where needed (hand over to operations Manager F&B/Asset Management (OS&E procurement, TDIC polices, pre-opening procedures, table top, daily management).
- Audit 3rd party operators in assistance to TDIC.
- Ensure the standards of personal appearance, grooming and conduct are an example to the team and provide a professional image for guest.
- To adhere to all TDIC procedures as outlined in Gulf HR.
- Liaise with HR/Training & Development Team and Quality Assurance Manager on departmental training needs.
- To carry out any reasonable requests as directed by your Manager.
Note: you will be required to attach the following:
1. Resume / CV